1. Troops of Sector 3, Operation LAFIYA DOLE in conjunction with Civilian Joint Task Force while on fighting patrol to Gara village in Northern Borno on Friday 5 October 2018 encountered suspected Boko Haram Terrorists.
2. Five members of the Boko Haram Terrorists were neutralized during the encounter following the superior fire power of the troops while others escape to a nearby bush with gun shot wounds.
3. Items recovered include:
a. Four AK 47 rifles.
b. Five Magazines.
c. 55 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.
d. 8 rounds of 5.56mm NATO ammunition.
e. Eleven Mobile phones.
f. Assorted drugs.
g. Cooking utensils.
h. Some quantity of provisions.
i. Six Horses.
4. The public is therefore advised to report any suspicious movements or activities in their area to the security agency for prompt action.
5. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium to the general public.
6. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Director Army Public Relations
Previous PostARMY CONDUCTS SHOW OF FORCE IN BORNO STATE Next PostARMY MEETS WITH HEADS OF SECURITY AGENCIES … solicits cooperation
AdminDec 03, 2018
AdminNov 16, 2018