2. During the fight troops ran into Improvised Explosive Device (IED) buried along Pridang - Bitta road by Boko Haram Terrorists before encountering the ambush.
3. In the fire fight that ensued, the gallant troops fought through the ambush, they neutralized several Boko Haram Terrorists, while others fled with gunshot wounds.
4. Sadly, five military personnel paid the supreme price as a result of the Improvised Explosive Device attack.
5. The remains of the deceased personnel have been promptly evacuated to 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital.
6. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.
7. Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.
Director Army Public Relations
Mr Fredrick is a Research Assistant with the Nigerian Military| A Cyber Security & New Media Analyst with decades experience in secured Content Management System| Web Admin @HQNigerianArmy | @NaowaHQ |@Narcng | Co-Web Admin @Defenceinfo and Founder Fredwave Info Tech